also available in PDF format
- Ph.D., Information and Communication Engineering, University of Tokyo
- Date: March 2016
- Doctoral Thesis: Understanding Hand-Object Manipulation from First-Person View Video
- Advisor: Prof. Yoichi Sato and Dr. Kris Kitani
- M.S., Communication and Information System, Northwestern Polytechnical University
- Date: March 2011
- Master’s Thesis: Research on Cross-layer Design between H.264 Algorithms and MAC Protocols of Wireless Ad hoc Networks
- Advisor: Prof. Bo Li
- B.S., Electronics and Information Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University
- Date: June 2008
- Apr 2016 - Seq 2018: Project Researcher
- Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo
- Research area: First-person vision, wearable ego-vision system and its applications.
- Supervisor: Prof. Yoichi Sato
- Sep 2015 - Mar 2016: Research Intern
- Huawei Japan Research Center
- Research area: Hand gesture recognition and its applications in virtual reality.
- Supervisor: Dr. Bo Zheng
- April 2011 - April 2012: Software Engineer
- Huwei Technologies (Shenzhen, China)
- Duties included: Developing software for access network devices
Y. Huang, M. Cai, Z. Li and Y. Sato, "Predicting Gaze in Egocentric Video by Learning Task-dependent Attention Transition," European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV oral), pp. 789-804, 2018.
Y. Huang, M. Cai, H. Kera, R. Yonetani, K. Higuchi, and Y. Sato, "Temporal localization and spatial segmentation of joint attention in multiple first-person videos," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision Workshop (ICCVW), pp. 2313-2321, 2017.
M. Cai, K.M. Kitani, and Y. Sato, "An ego-vision system for hand grasp analysis," IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems (THMS), vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 524–535, 2017.
M. Cai, K.M. Kitani, and Y. Sato, "Understanding hand-object manipulation with grasp types and object attributes," Proceedings of Robotics: Science and Systems Conference (RSS), XII.034, pp. 1-10, 2016.
M. Cai, K.M. Kitani, and Y. Sato, "A scalable approach for understanding the visual structures of hand grasps," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 1360-1366, 2015.
- Programming: C++/C, Python, Matlab
- Chinese: Native
- English: Fluent (speaking, reading, writing)
- Japanese: Fluent (reading); Intermediate (speaking, writing)
- Deutsch: Beginner
- Journal reviewer
- IEEE Transactions on Multimedia 2016 - 2020
- IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems 2015 - 2016
- International conference reviewer
- ICCV 2017 - 2019
- CVPR 2018 - 2020
- ECCV 2018 - 2020
- CHI 2018 - 2019
- IROS 2017 - 2019
- Program committee member: